Paint with Light and Get Creative!
If you've never tried light painting photography it may just be the mid-winter creative spark that you were looking for. During this one-evening workshop you'll create some images that you never imagined were possible. Join us for a fun evening of shooting and learn how a few simple tools can be used to make extraordinary pictures.
Evening from 19:00 until 22:00
- Working with "bulb" mode for extra long exposure times.
- Experiment with a variety of light painting methods & materials.
- Small group cooperation to help perform and capture exposures on multiple cameras.
- Double exposure possibilities for those who wish to layer multiple "painting performances" together.
Professional photographer Matt Anderson directs the Viewfinder Center with his wife Dagmar and shoots commercial, editorial and private assignments when he’s not busy teaching. As a former newspaper photojournalist, he’s comfortable photographing a variety of subjects from sporting events and reportage to portraits and landscapes. Matt takes pleasure in seeking out interesting photography trips and creating fun learning experiences for other photographers.
Dagmar Anderson is a “professional traveler” with chronically itchy feet. She enjoys exploring new countries, cultures and cuisine as often as she can. Her attention to detail comes in handy while planning and preparing for Viewfinder trips and activities. When she’s not out exploring new workshop locations with Matt, she can be found working away at our Zurich office. Dagmar is likely to be the friendly voice on the phone if you call us here at the Viewfinder Center.
Light-Painting Photography Workshop
07 March 2019
Evening from 19:00 until 22:00
We encourage you to bring your own light painting materials with you to this workshop! You will find several recommendations in the confirmation email which is sent after receiving your registration.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Instruction on the strategy and technique for capturing long-exposure light painting photos.
- Personal support from instructor, Matt Anderson, assisted by Dagmar Anderson.
- Small hand-out booklet documenting the relevant camera settings and creative tips & ideas.
- Large fabrik-halle, privately rented for our light painting event.
- Coffee/tea & water provided.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- We ask participants to have dinner before arriving at the workshop. There's a pizza restaurant around the corner of our event location.
- Transportation and parking are not provided for this event.
Send us a non-binding enquiry or book directly using the application form.
- Must-have Camera Equipment: Tripod, Cable Release, Head Torch, Extra Battery and a wide-to-medium zoom such as a 24-70mm, 24-120mm, or an 18-55mm (for APS-C cameras) are all ideal.
- Brightly coloured clothing will show up in your images! It's best to dress in black. It's an unheated building so warm clothing and shoes are a must.
- There's a big parking area at the end of the building. Please don't forget to pay for your parking ticket!
Send us a non-binding enquiry or book directly using the application form
I'd like to know more i'd like to registerAsk now