Alpine Landscapes, Astro– & Macro Photography in Graubünden
This two-day photography workshop takes place in an amazing world heritage site found in the hills of Switzerland's rugged Graubünden region. Olympus camera owners will deepen their understanding of key camera functions and sharpen their sense of landscape composition. This workshop is a great opportunity to learn advanced astro- and macrophotography techniques with expert guidance throughout the weekend. If you don't own an Olympus, feel free to test out one of ours. Dust off your hiking boots, grab your trekking poles and join us for a creative trip to the wilder side of Switzerland.
2 days / 1 night from/to Zurich
Zurich – Flims – Segensboden – Flims – Zurich
- Variety of subjects to explore: spectacular landscape and panorama scenes, night-time star photography opportunities, interesting macro subjects and mysterious long exposure effects.
- Try a variety of lenses and accessories for your Olympus camera. Our partners at Olympus will have a range of demo equipment on hand for you to try out.
- Accommodations that are just a short walking distance from beautiful alpine meadows, braided streams and waterfalls and gorgeous Swiss alps in the background!
- Guidance on advanced landscape photography techniques, including long-exposure technique and filters use.
- Nighttime astro-photography session (weather permitting). Learn how to manage difficult night sky exposures.
- Help on taking stronger macro photos from macro specialist and Olympus Visionary — Olivia Mortimer.
- Tips on how to use specialised panoramic tripod equipment and several opportunities to practice.
- Feedback on your images and tips on tuning them up in Adobe Lightroom.
Olympus Landscape Workshop
03. - 04. August 2019
Day 1 - August 03rd
You will find our company van in the short-term parking lot on the north side of the Zurich HB at Museumstrasse 1, 8001 Zurich. We'll rendezvous at 8:30 for the two hour drive to the gondola base station at Flims – where the real adventure begins. On our way up the mountain (most of elevation is gained by gondola) we'll stop for a picnic lunch before arriving at our first basecamp, the Segneshütte.
We'll have the afternoon to explore and shoot at Segnesboden, using it's waterfalls, braided streams and macro subjects to discuss different techniques and provide inspiration. We'll introduce strategies for panoramic– and astro–photography before dinner. After eating, we'll head out to catch the nicest light of the evening, and if it's a clear night, we'll be out again to shoot the night sky and milky way.
Day 2 - August 04th
Early birds will capture the first rays of sunlight on the surrounding mountains at sunrise. Afterward we'll enjoy breakfast at our mountain hut and slowly pack up for a leisurely walk back down to Flims.
Along the way, we'll pause for some long-exposure shots (there's also several scenic shooting spots along the way).
ACCOMMODATIONS & PROFESSIONAL GUIDES/PHOTOGRAPHERS
Participants of our Landscape Photography Workshop spend the night at a renovated mountain hut in a four-bedroom accommodation. Shared shower and toilet on the same floor.
ACTIVITIES & PHOTOGRAPHY LESSONS
Photographer and educator, Matt Anderson has assembled field lessons which are custom-tailored to each of the shooting situations you'll encounter on this photo tour.
Professional photographer Matt Anderson directs the Viewfinder Center with his wife Dagmar. Before Matt moved to Switzerland, he studied journalism in the United States. As a daily newspaper photographer he acquired a broad base of photography skills and found himself shooting all manner of subjects from sports and news events to portraits and feature assignments. Working as a regular freelancer for the Associated Press, he learned some important lessons about shooting under pressure. These days he balances a busy teaching schedule with photography projects for commercial clients in the Zurich area. Matt's work has been recognized by the Society of Professional Journalists, the National Press Photographers Association (USA), and the International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers.
Olympus Landscape Workshop
03. - 04. August 2019
2 days / 1 night
Price per person (shared accommodation in a 4 bed room.)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Transportation from pick up and drop off location at Zurich HB
- One night accommodation in mountain hut.
- Dinner on Saturday, breakfast and packed lunch on Sunday.
- Chair lift and gondola ride (return ticket)
- Photography field lessons, personal camera assistance from Matt Anderson
- Small hand-outs with photography tips.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- All beverages, with or without alcohol and special snacks ordered between meals
- Packed lunch on Saturday for the drive up to Graubünden.
- Travel Insurance.
Send us a non-binding enquiry or book directly using the application form.
- This course appropriate for beginner and advanced photographers. If you're not yet familiar with the fundamental concepts of shutter speed, aperture or ISO, we'd recommend to join our Digital Photography 1-2-3 Course before attending this workshop.
- Guests should be equipped with sturdy hiking boots, trekking poles, rain gear and a backpack for carrying all camera equipment, personal items, a water bottle, etc. We will need to carry all of our personal belongings to and from the hut. Suitcases and duffel bags are not appropriate.
- This trip involves hiking (around 10 km round trip).
Send us a non-binding enquiry or book directly using the application form