Hear what Jessica had to say after participating in our 2015 Advanced Photography Study program.
1 Hour Consultation
We welcome prospective students to visit our studio for an informal consultation. We’re happy to hear about your goals and help you determine if ours is the right program for you.
To master a craft such as photography it’s been said that a student must invest 10,000 hours in learning new skills. At the Viewfinder Center we agree that “practice makes perfect” but we also believe that focused, high-quality, hands-on learning experiences are invaluable to photography students.
Now in it’s fourth year, Viewfinder’s Advanced Photography Study helps enthusiastic students master a variety of camera skills and techniques, taking them from intermediate shooter to advanced photographer. Graduates leave the program with a customised portfolio and program certificate, demonstrating their ability to solve difficult technical and creative problems. From fast-action sports and portrait subjects to documentary and landscape photography, this program will challenge the photographer who’s ready for more. Roll up your sleeves and go beyond the basics in this exciting ten-month program.
- Evening class sessions once per week in Zurich
- Monthly off-site practice shoots with instructors
- Group review sessions following shoots
- Individual assignments completed outside of class
- Written instructor feedback on each assignment
- Maximum nine participants, minimum five.
- Matt Anderson with support from John Faber, Susi Venditti, A’ron Schukle and Erwin Windmüller.
- Viewfinder Center, Stampfenbachstrasse 157, 8006 Zurich
- Multiple off-site shooting locations around Switzerland
Content & Prerequisites
Unit 1: Advanced Exposure Control
Unit 2: Digital Developing & Printing
Unit 3: Dynamic Image Composition
Unit 4: Studio Lighting & Portraiture
Unit 5: Fast-Action Sports
Unit 6: The Picture Story
Unit 7: Photographing the Landscape
Event: Concludes with a Student Exhibition
- Confident with beginner camera skills such as those learned in our Digital Photography 1-2-3 Course
- Entry level experience with Adobe Lightroom
- Informal enrolment interview with Matt (lead instructor) at Viewfinder Center
The program has been an incredible and intense journey. We were thrown out into the photography world: photojournalism, sports photography, working with models, landscape & wildlife photography. You'll be amazed at the diversity of images you'll produce by the end of term. I'm ready to start some photography work now and maybe even turn it into a living. but I will really miss the joy of working with my Advanced Study buddies!
I joined to extend my "photographic vocabulary” and learn the techniques to better express my ideas. That is exactly what this class is about. Lots of fun was had on our practice shoots and excursions. If you are serious about your photography and want to take it to the next level, then this is the right place for you.